Tomato rice is a very delicious and simple to prepare recipe. Pureed tomatoes are sauted with spices and then added to rice.
- 2 large tomatoes made into a thick puree.
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed and soaked for ten minutes
- 1 whole black cardamom (bari ilaichi)
- 1 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch )
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tblsp ghee
- 2 cup water
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom vessel
- Put in the whole black cardamom and then the tomato puree.
- Now add the dry spices, salt and saute.
- Put in the rice and mix well.
- Finally add the water and cook covered till done.
- Seve hot.