- 500 gms. khoya
- 125 gms. plain flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. cardomom powder
- 1 pinch saffron strands
- 250 gms. sugar
- ghee to deep fry
- Crumble the khoya. Sieve in the flour and soda together.
- Mix in the cardomom powder and crushed saffron.
- Mix well to form a soft dough. Use as much milk as required for kneading.
- Make balls of even size. Makes about 25-30.
- Heat the ghee very well. Take off fire and cool a little. Let in some of the jamoons.
- When they rise up put back on fire and fry till medium brown.
- Remove from ghee and put in the syrup. Soak for 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a glass bowl.
- Repeat for all the balls. When done pour the remaining syrup over the jamoons.