- Chicken - 1 kg (chopped into 8 pieces)
- Coconut milk - 500 ml
- Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chillies- 6
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
- Cloves - 5
- Cinnamon - 2"
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with salt and turmeric for one hour. Set aside.
- Grind together the chillies, cloves, cinnamon, coriander seeds, fenugreek and mustard seeds with enough water to form a paste.
- Heat oil in pan; fry the paste for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, tamarind paste and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 40 minutes and serve hot.