This is a South Indian recipe for coconut rice. Fried coconut and cashewnuts are added to boiled rice and garnished with ghee and coriander leaves.
- 400 gms biryani rice
- 120 gms coconut
- 40 ml ghee
- 25 gms black gram dhal
- 25 gms broken pieces of nuts
- 6 gms dry chillies
- 2 gms curry leaves
- 2.5 gms asafoetida powder
- 20 gms (minced) coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil rice and keep aside.
- Fry coconut evenly to a golden colour on a slow fire.
- Heat 3 dessertspoon of ghee.
- Fry the cashewnuts and remove.
- Fry the broken pieces of dry chillies, black gram dhal, and curry leaves well.
- Mix rice, coconut, nuts, 1 teaspoon of ghee and salt.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.